JHipster release 4.3.0
- Maven and Gradle have both been upgraded to their latest versions. Maven users will thus be able to enjoy color in their terminal!
- The really annoying “Unable to register with Angular 4” #5542 bug is fixed
- Angular CLI is now officially supported, you can find a complete documentation here.
- For Angular 4 users, lots of library upgrades and new lints, so you should expect to have some work to upgrade, but this will give you better quality in the end.
- pngquant and optipng have been removed, see #5553
- The upgrade sub-generator has been improved, its updated documentation is here.
Closed tickets and merged pull requests
How to upgrade
For an automatic upgrade, use the JHipster upgrade sub-generator on an existing application:
For a manual upgrade, first upgrade your version of JHipster with:
yarn global upgrade generator-jhipster
If you have an existing project, it will still use the JHipster version with which it was generated.
To upgrade your project, you must first delete its
node_modules folder and then run:
You can also update your project and all its entities by running
yo jhipster --with-entities
You can also update your entities one-by-one by running again the entity sub-generator, for example if your entity is named Foo
yo jhipster:entity Foo
Help and bugs
If you find any issue with this release, don’t hesitate to:
If the issue you have is an urgent bug or security issue, please:
- Contact @java_hipster on Twitter