JHipster release v6.0.0-beta.0 Permalink to "JHipster release v6.0.0-beta.0"
This is our first beta release for JHipster v6.
It includes more than 400 closed tickets and pull requests on the main project, so it is really a huge work.
It is not available through the usual channels as this is a beta release, please read below for more information!
Most important new features and upgrades Permalink to "Most important new features and upgrades"
- Migration to spring-boot 2.1.x
- JDK 11 support (while keeping JDK 8+ compatibility)
- HTML 5 pushstate #9098
- Kubernetes enhancements (Istio, Helm)
- Migration to spring-cloud Greenwish.x
- Upgrade to Spring Security 5.1’s OIDC Support
- FakerJS support to generate sample data for entities #9104
- Update to latest Angular version #8161
- Update to latest React version
- Lazy Loading of Angular entities
- Bootswatch theme selection
- Removed CSS Option #9350
- Improvements in Sonar integration #9423 and #9482
- Gatling 3 support, including several improvements with better and faster incremental builds and BOM support.
- Integration tests are set up in their separate phase for Maven and Gradle
- Update to Gradle 5
- Migration to Liquibase 3.6.x
- Update Elastic to 6.4.x
- Update to Couchbase 6.x
- Update to Infinispan 9.4.x
- Update to Cassandra 4.x
- Update to Hazelcast 3.11.x
- Logging to the console in json format
- Changing the default packaging to Jar while still being able to produce a War #9034
- Prettier for formatting YAML #9281
- Prettier transform to prettify the output from all sub-generators #9371
- Removed deprecated ‘rancher-compose’ sub-generator
How to install Permalink to "How to install"
This is a beta release, so it is not available on our usual “stable” release channel.
To install JHipster v6.0.0-beta.0 using using NPM:
npm install -g [email protected]
It is also available using the JHipster Docker image, as it is automatically built from our source code.
However, as this is a BETA release it will not be available using our other usual channels like:
You also won’t be able to use the
jhipster upgrade sub-generator, as it won’t “see” the BETA release, which is distributed through a specific beta channel on NPM.
Closed tickets and merged pull requests Permalink to "Closed tickets and merged pull requests"
Help and bugs Permalink to "Help and bugs"
If you find any issue with this release, don’t hesitate to:
If the issue you have is an urgent bug or security issue, please:
- Contact @jhipster on Twitter