April Fools 2015
The following announcement is our 2015 April Fools joke, so of course you should NOT consider it seriously
Announcing JHipster Enterprise Edition
Our big news today is the release of JHipster Enterprise Edition, with dedicated paid plans and pricing. This will supercede our former Open Source offering, to provide strong support and guarantees to our customers.
As a result, we fully support today’s enterprise solutions:
- Support of Oracle and DB2 will be included.
- We will focus on deploying JHipster applications on fully certified Java EE servers, like Websphere, JBoss EAP or Weblogic.
New generator questions, with plans & pricing
When running your generator, you will now have 2 new questions:
Which plan would you like to use?
You will be able to select either:
- Trial plan: you will be able to fully test JHipster for 30 days, free of charge!
- Professional plan: fully supported version of JHipster, $200 per application, limited to 5 entities per application.
- Enterprise plan: fully supported version of JHipster, $500 per application, with illimited entities!
Please enter your credit card details
You will need to enter a valid credit card number in order to start using JHipster. Of course, we will only charge you for each successfully generated application.
Open Positions at JHipster, inc
With an estimated 20,000 application generations per month, growing very rapidly, we expect to reach $10,000,000 revenue by the end of the year.
As a result, we are currently building a strong team of professionals to manage the project.
Our first open positions for working on JHipster are:
- Chief Financial Officer, to optimize our revenue stream. Should be willing to travel to Luxembourg.
- Director of engineering, to manage a team of more than 100 unpaid Open Source developers.
- Senior VP of sales and customer success. Must have a mustache or a beard.
- VP of marketing. Main role will be to write next year’s April fools’ statement.
How to upgrade
Update your version of JHipster with:
npm update -g generator-jhipster
And then you can update your project when you run again
You can also update your entities by running again the entity sub-generator, for example if your entity is named Foo
yo jhipster:entity Foo
Help and bugs
If you find any issue with this release, don’t hesitate to: