JHipster release 2.0.0
JHipster gives you Spring Boot + AngularJS working together in one handy Yeoman generator.
Looking for the (old) JHipster v2.x documentation? It’s Here!
Guybrush: I'm on a whole new adventure.
Bart: Growing a mustache?
Guybrush: No. Bigger than that.
Bart: A beard?!?
– Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge
This is our first v2.0.0 release! This has been a lot of work, with a lot of contributors, and we want to thank everyone who has participated in this release.
Why is this called “v2.0.0”?
We are breaking a few things in this release. Existing users should not be lost, we use 95% of the same technologies, in the same way. But the project has grown up, we have improved our skills, we have had feedback from lots of people, from all over the world. So we decided to rethink some parts of the project, and hence break some of our existing code.
What are the most important changes in this release?
- The AngularJS code has been modularized, to make it clearer, and to allow people to use JHipster on bigger projects
- Liquibase is now able to create “diffs” between the JPA code and the database, which allow you to update your database schema much more easily
How can I upgrade, and know exactly what’s new?
We have summarized all important changes on this document:
Everyone has the right to comment the document, so we are going to improve it over time, in a community effort.
Are there bugs, is it safe to upgrade?
The code is still very new, and you might encounter issues if you use some of the less commonly-used options. However, we felt it was the right time to release this version as:
- This release is as stable as the v1.x maintenance releases, so it is quickly becoming a better option to use the v2 rather than the v1
- Thanks to NPM we can easily and quickly release new versions, with fixes and upgrades, so we stick with the “release early, release often” Open Source philosophy
Is this new version more fun than the previous one?
Oh yes, a lot more!
How to upgrade
Update your version of JHipster with:
npm update -g generator-jhipster
And then you can update your project when you run again
Help and bugs
If you find any issue with this release, don’t hesitate to: