JHipster release 0.8.0 Permalink to "JHipster release 0.8.0"
JHipster gives you Yeoman + Maven + Spring + AngularJS all working together in one handy generator.
What’s new Permalink to "What’s new"
This is our biggest release ever.
We have migrated everything to use Spring Boot instead of “normal” Spring. This has caused a big number of changes:
- To run the application you can either run the “Application” class from your IDE, or execute “mvn spring-boot:run”. This runs Tomcat behind-the-scenes.
- The configuration Java package has been renamed from “conf” to “config”
- The configuration property files are now in Yaml format
- The liquibase configuration is now in the src/main/resources/config/liquibase directory
And of course we updated all libraries to their latest versions!
As Spring Boot is really new, we expect you have a few questions about this upgrade:
What’s good? Permalink to "What’s good?"
- Running the application from an IDE without Maven. It’s faster (no need to launch Maven) and it’s easier to run with a debugger
- Less lines of configuration. It’s complicated to compare as we also improved a lot of things, but we probably gained 200-300 lines of code
- The Yaml configuration is much more easy to read and use
- Spring Boot Actuator gives us a lot of new features, we plan to use more of them in the next releases
What’s bad? Permalink to "What’s bad?"
- We lose 2 seconds at start-up with Tomcat (no problem with Jetty): this looks like an issue with Tomcat, when no web.xml file exists
How to upgrade Permalink to "How to upgrade"
Update your version of JHipster with:
npm update -g generator-jhipster
And then you can update your project when you run again
Help and bugs Permalink to "Help and bugs"
If you find any issue with this release, don’t hesitate to: