JHipster release 4.5.0 Permalink to "JHipster release 4.5.0"
Introducing the JHipster CLI Permalink to "Introducing the JHipster CLI"
This new release has a very important update, that will affect everyone: the JHipster CLI!
This means that instead of typing
yo jhipster, you will just type
jhipster on the command line.
- Everybody will gain 3 keystrokes, an important productivity enhancement :-)
- Most importantly, this allows us to provide autocompletion (only on Mac and Linux), which means you can use the tab key after entering
jhipster. As this is the first release, we only provide basic autocompletion for the moment, but you can expect more in the future.
OpenShift support by Red Hat Permalink to "OpenShift support by Red Hat"
Please note that this is an official contribution from Red Hat to the project!
Bug fixes and improvements Permalink to "Bug fixes and improvements"
This release contains 63 closed tickets and Pull Requests:
- Several annoying bugs have been fixed, like #5786, which makes this a recommended update
- Lots of unit tests and polishing, giving us an incredible score of 96.2% code coverage on our sample project! Many thanks to Christophe Bornet on this part.
- Many library upgrades, as usual
Closed tickets and merged pull requests Permalink to "Closed tickets and merged pull requests"
How to upgrade Permalink to "How to upgrade"
For an automatic upgrade, use the JHipster upgrade sub-generator on an existing application:
Please note that with our new JHipster CLI release, the new command will be:
For a manual upgrade, first upgrade your version of JHipster with:
yarn global upgrade generator-jhipster
If you have an existing project, it will still use the JHipster version with which it was generated.
To upgrade your project, you must first delete its
node_modules folder and then run:
You can also update your project and all its entities by running
You can also update your entities one-by-one by running again the entity sub-generator, for example if your entity is named Foo
jhipster entity Foo
Help and bugs Permalink to "Help and bugs"
If you find any issue with this release, don’t hesitate to:
If the issue you have is an urgent bug or security issue, please:
- Contact @jhipster on Twitter