JHipster release 3.8.0 Permalink to "JHipster release 3.8.0"
What’s new Permalink to "What’s new"
This is a bug-fixing release, that comes with major new features like Kafka support (in BETA).
- Support for Kafka in #4129. Full documentation is available on this site in the new Using Kafka page
- Support for the Spring Boot remote shell - see #4167
- Many Sonar issues have been corrected, which will improve the overall quality of the generated code
- Better support for Heroku - see #4187
- Migration to Spring Boot 1.4.1 - see #4185
- Migration to Gradle 3.1 - see #4168
Closed tickets Permalink to "Closed tickets"
As always, you can check all closed tickets here.
How to upgrade Permalink to "How to upgrade"
For an automatic upgrade, starting with JHipster v3.4.0, use the JHipster upgrade sub-generator on an existing application:
For a manual upgrade, first upgrade your version of JHipster with:
npm update -g generator-jhipster
If you have an existing project, it will still use the JHipster version with which it was generated.
To upgrade your project, you must first delete its
node_modules folder and then run:
You can also update your project and all its entities by running
yo jhipster --with-entities
You can also update your entities one-by-one by running again the entity sub-generator, for example if your entity is named Foo
yo jhipster:entity Foo
Help and bugs Permalink to "Help and bugs"
If you find any issue with this release, don’t hesitate to:
If the issue you have is an urgent bug or security issue, please:
- Contact @jhipster on Twitter