JHipster release 3.8.0
This is a bug-fixing release, that comes with major new features like Kafka support (in BETA).
- Support for Kafka in #4129. Full documentation is available on this site in the new Using Kafka page
- Support for the Spring Boot remote shell - see #4167
- Many Sonar issues have been corrected, which will improve the overall quality of the generated code
- Better support for Heroku - see #4187
- Migration to Spring Boot 1.4.1 - see #4185
- Migration to Gradle 3.1 - see #4168
As always, you can check all closed tickets here.
How to upgrade
For an automatic upgrade, starting with JHipster v3.4.0, use the JHipster upgrade sub-generator on an existing application:
For a manual upgrade, first upgrade your version of JHipster with:
npm update -g generator-jhipster
If you have an existing project, it will still use the JHipster version with which it was generated.
To upgrade your project, you must first delete its
node_modules folder and then run:
You can also update your project and all its entities by running
yo jhipster --with-entities
You can also update your entities one-by-one by running again the entity sub-generator, for example if your entity is named Foo
yo jhipster:entity Foo
Help and bugs
If you find any issue with this release, don’t hesitate to:
If the issue you have is an urgent bug or security issue, please:
- Contact @jhipster on Twitter