JHipster release 2.27.0
JHipster gives you Spring Boot + AngularJS working together in one handy Yeoman generator.
Looking for the (old) JHipster v2.x documentation? It’s Here!
This new version comes with 116 bug fixes and PRs!
- We have a brand new hook mechanism from the entity sub generator. This will be triggered post creation of an entity and it will invoke modules registered for this event. This enables use of modules to add additional features to generated entity, like enable audit, add prefix etc.
- We have completely refactored our code base, in order to follow the new Yeoman best practices and structure. This means our code is cleaner, and in the long run everybody should benefit from it. This was a huge work!
- We now have a
--skip-clientflag option in our main generator. This is for power users and modules to use main generator to create a backend only application. When this option is passed, the client side code will not be generated.
- The UI to manage entities has been improved.
- The Docker files have moved under
src/main/docker- see #2600
- The Openshift sub-generator has been removed, as it has been broken for a long time - see #1896.
- And we have merged several small bug fixes, which you can list using the 2.27.0 milestone with the
As always, you can check all the closed tickets here.
How to upgrade
Update your version of JHipster with:
npm update -g generator-jhipster
And then you can update your project when you run again
You can also update your entities by running again the entity sub-generator, for example if your entity is named Foo
yo jhipster:entity Foo
Help and bugs
If you find any issue with this release, don’t hesitate to: