JHipster release 3.12.0
111 closed tickets and merged PRs in this release!
The biggest news is a complete update of our Hibernate/Liquibase/Ehcache/Hazelcast code. The most incredible thing is that most of the work was done by Software AG, the company making Ehcache, with some help from people from Hazelcast and Liquibase. That’s a lot of companies helping JHipster, working together (when they can be competitors outside), and giving us code directly from the core developers of each project!
Here are some details on this update:
- We now support Hibernate 5.2, which has a lot of improvements and new features over our old Hibernate 4 support
- This forced us to upgrade Liquibase, in fact support for Hibernate 5 in Liquibase was done for us!!
- This allowed us to upgrade to Ehcache 3, the new version of Ehcache
- This also triggered an upgrade in our Hazelcast code
- Most of the work was done in #4454 by Henri Tremblay.
Other important features and bug fixes are:
- Upgrade Spring Cloud to Brixton SR7 #4576
- Upgrade to Hibernate Validator 5.3.3.Final #4541
- Upgrade to MapStruct 1.1.0.Final #4539
- Remove jhipster from the URL under the management part #4477
- Vietnamese #4486 and Serbian #4572 languages support
- Only use the JHipsterProperties to generate the baseURL for sending emails #4507
- Get microservice alert and error headers from gateway #4522
- Jenkinsfile: report tests results #4484
- Search thrash button doesn’t show when entity doesn’t have pagination #4480
- Support for long file names on Windows with Gradle - #4323
For an automatic upgrade, starting with JHipster v3.4.0, use the JHipster upgrade sub-generator on an existing application:
npm update -g generator-jhipster
yo jhipster --with-entities
yo jhipster:entity Foo